Sunday, June 27, 2010

Dear Michigan (New Web Address),

Not sure if I ever told you this about me, Michigan, but I have this thing for irony. So, when I first started this blog, I chose the web address as a somewhat sarcastic response to the irony of the situation. I fell in love with you and I want to be with you. The initial reaction I've recieved from people around the country (including some from Michigan) - though every one of them has been supportive and encouraging of my desire to move and they are all genuinely excited that I have found Q and you, they all wish me well - the very first reaction from nearly every one of them was this: "You want to move where? Do you realize what you're saying?" And so on. The words were different at times, the message the same. "Why Michigan?!? What are you thinking?!?" So, I decided to respond somewhat tongue-in-cheek with the web address. And I try, in every post, to explain what I'm thinking and what I'm feeling and how the two go hand-in-hand. I try to give the many reasons why Michigan. Of course the biggest reason is quite simple - Q!

But here's the one thing I've never wanted to do: I don't want to give you a reason, Michigan, to even bother thinking about how some people react. I mean, after all, that's sort of the point of the blog - to remind you of all the wonderful things about you. So I've decided to alter my attempt at sarcasm. I have created a new web address (LoveInMichigan) for the blog as it seems much more apt. And I have moved all the posts over. From now on I'll write the blog to the new address (though I don't want in any way to inconvenience any of the people following the blog, so I will also continue to post here, at least for awhile). I just wanted to let you know about the new web address in case you might like to follow me there. And I also wanted to tell you, Michigan, that I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment